Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wingthings


Last night at Drink & Draw, I proposed the theme of "wings." And this is the quick illustration I produced. Some bird-lizard creature with hip-butt wings. So you can imagine that he flies hunched over. He does have a long neck so he can nod down and snatch up small (or maybe even large) prey. Such as nerds!

Luckily, there were no "hipwings" prowling around the Sketchgroup last night.

What should I name him?

About the illustration: This one was composed entirely of Copic markers.

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of your copic skills.

    I think you should name him Gridsby.

    Just stumbled upon your blog. ♥ it.
    You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it comes from the latin word volare-to fly, was used to reference a winged creature... :))

    ReplyDelete