Thursday, November 12, 2009

Follow Your Appetite!


It's always fun when I get to illustrate things for work. This tasty treat was for BBR's Media & Vendor Breakfast, where we treat business associates to a nice breakfast to thank them for all their hard work. And so I was told to design a self-mailing piece for the occassion, and could do whatever I wanted.

So, naturally, I drew a pied-piper-ish chef leading an assortment of bipedal breakfast items. The bacon flute was a spontaneous, yet deliciously perfect, last-minute addition.

I experimented with a different illustration style to match the concept. I didn't think that contour lines and such would inspire the whimsical fun that the flat color shapes provide. I originally drew everything in black ink, scanned everything, and then colorized the different pieces in Photoshop. It was quite fun. But now I'm hungry.

4 comments:

  1. The jelly toast is still my favorite one, but I do love the color of the coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love this. they all look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant ! love the flute and the teacup. :)

    ReplyDelete