Sunday, November 22, 2009

Color of the Blues


I was commissioned by LaLouisiane magazine to do a series of four illustrations. Each illustration would represent a new course being offered by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. The magazine selected a few of the new/interesting courses to which students have taken a shine.

The one above is for The Color of the Blues, which covers the influences of Blues music across our culture. I would have loved to have taken that course!

Featured above is Robert Johnson making a little pact with a certain character of ill repute.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Wonderful illustration and style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the uber jazzy feel to it! Impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful - I presume you have seen Brother, Where art thou?, in which a character sells his sould to the devil because "I wasn't using it". So nice to get an assignment one really enjoys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, it is only one of my favorite movies!

    "I'm with you fellers!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the colors you chose for this one. Great stuff!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. burt, burt, burt! can't tell you how much i freakin' love this. robert johnson is one of my favorites. i can't wait to see it in print. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, super and really well done work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful illustration! Really well done!

    ReplyDelete