Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bear In Mind


I've finally gotten around to posting the inspiration for my Grizzly Mage illustration. It's actually a somewhat subconscious inspiration. Explaination:

I find it hilarious that a day after creating our lovable GM, I realized that he looked very familiar. Following a day of searching through my old room in my parent's house, I found the stuffed animal pictured above. I don't think it's from anything in particular. I think it's just "Generic Wizard Bear Toy." I'm pretty sure I won it in a Crane Game. In the mid-90s.

I'd like to think that I gave this particular character a lively backstory and a world in which to have some great adventures. Something fun and creative that people could love. Well, people and animals alike!

1 comment:

  1. the inspiration for Grizzly Mage!
    I love how this bear from your childhood remained in your subconscious... and then emerged as the Grizzly Mage!

    ReplyDelete