Saturday, March 12, 2011

Twin Mugs

Twin Mugs
Here are Agents Fox Mulder and Dale Cooper hard at work on a case. Of coffee. Let's hope they don't let it go COLD, amirite? ANYWAY, if you've seen Twin Peaks, you know that Agent Cooper is a huge fan of a nice cup of coffee. I think that in this illustration, he's preparing himself for that initial taste. Mulder is just taking in the whole experience.

I was a big fan of the X-Files back when it ran. That episode where there was that stretchy guy that could crawl through very small spaces stayed with me for a while. As did the one where the astronauts picked up some sort of ghost alien and the dude was staring at his ceiling and it just APPEARED ON THE CEILING AND DROPPED ON HIM. WTF, MAN.

A couple of years ago I went through the first season of Twin Peaks, and it was pretty awesome. The right mix of eccentricity, creepiness and intrigue. I've started the second season, but I'm not very far into it yet. Last weekend, one of my friends requested that I draw Fox Mulder, and then we talked about Twin Peaks. So I suggested that I could draw Fox and Dale together, and that's how we got to where we are today. Looking at two agents drinking coffee. Hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment