Friday, February 11, 2011

Coffeehouse-Five

Kurt VonnegutHere's my illustration of Kurt Vonnegut hard at work on his unfinished novel "Coffeehouse-Five."

Slaughterhouse-Five was my first foray into the quirky world of Vonnegut stories. I still think that my favorite of his novels is Mother Night. I remember being surprised on how much emotion it evoked. When thinking about KV's novels, I always first think of Kilgore Trout (whom I've drawn before) and then I sigh "Ohhh, Mother Night."

Always those two things, always in that order. Sometimes I'll throw in "Breakfast of Champions was SILLY!" or "I didn't like Galapagos much, but some people swear by it."

Haha, ANYWAY, I wanted to add a little quirky sci-fi element to this drawing—hence the hands. I'm thinking of doing a series of authors. Let me know if you want to suggest any!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is awesome! I love the treatment of the hair.
    I suggest J.R.R. Tolkien. :D With his pipe, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete